Have you ever been contacted by the Utah State Department of Corrections? I have. And the inquiry was about my son…although he wasn’t listed by name and I had to inquire about which one. After discovering the reason for the email, I chose not to tell Nathan knowing it would make things more fun later on. ;-)
A few days later, a package showed up on our doorstep addressed to Nathan. I knew what was in it, but he has no idea and was somewhat concerned when he saw that it was from the Utah Board of Juvenile Justice. But it was all good because he was a runner up on the state level for a nation-wide essay contest called “Do the Write Thing.” Each state had 2 finalists that went to Washington D.C. And while Nathan was not one of the lucky two, he was still thrilled with the honorable mention. He got a t-shirt, a certificate, a copy of the book that had the essays of all the winners and honorable mentions (it was exciting to see his work in there), and an assortment of other things.
I sometimes worry that coming after Daniel will be hard for the other kids because Daniel has done so well and has had so much success, but each of my children have blazed their own paths and had their own successes and I’m so proud of them all!

No comments:
Post a Comment