Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Puppy Love

Kev's mom gave Malia a stuffed puppy for Christmas. It is a super soft one with a cute little face. Malia has named the puppy Jolly (first name) Rolly (last name). She was very clear about the names being first and last names rather than all one name. She is also very clear on the fact that Jolly is a girl. If we slip up and call Jolly "him,"'Malia will firmly remind us that she is a girl.

Jolly and Malia have been inseparable since Christmas. Malia is Jolly's mom, Matthew is Jolly's dad, Nathan is Jolly's grandpa, and I'm Jolly's grandma. Don't ask me how all that works because I have no idea. But Malia is not bothered by the inexplicable family relationships and is a good mother to Jolly. This evening I peeked into Malia's room and found Jolly sleeping on her very own pillow, neatly tucked under two blankets I made for Baby.


I have a feeling that Jolly will be going to preschool on Friday for show and tell.

No comments: