Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Football Flashback

As I was going through Halloween pictures yesterday, I realized that I completely forgot to tell all y'all about Matthew's latest passion. He has discovered that he loves football. We signed him up for flag football and his games were in September and early October. He was pretty small compared to the other boys on his team but that is not a big surprise. He is pretty fast but because his legs are so short he struggled to keep up. Nevertheless, he had a fabulous time and was bummed when it was over. He is already looking forward to next year.


He is definitely going to be my sports fanatic. After having two sons that just don't care about sports, it is nice for Kev to have someone that will watch football with him. Right now Matthew's favorite teams are BYU and the Seattle Seahawks.

I think a lot of this football fervor were picked up from one of his best friends and I don't mind at all. It is so nice that he finally has a friend who will come looking for him. Matthew is usually the one seeking out playmates and I worry sometimes that they play with him just because he comes to them. In my experience one sided friendships are not terribly long lasting. So I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Boston at our front door. :-)

No comments: