Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

E-i-e-i-o

We have a really great book of Old Macdonald Had a Farm. It has cutouts on the pages that reveal a new animal on each page while allowing all the previous animals to be seen as well. Malia discovered this particular book earlier this week and it has quickly become a favorite. She loves when we sing the song and she will sing the e-i-e-i-o part with us.

Tonight she was paging through the book while we were reading scriptures. As we were talking about what we read, she kept saying, “Yi-yo! Yi-yo!” I asked her if we needed to sing the song and when she assured me that was what she wanted, I told her we would sing the song after we said prayers. She “Yi-yo”ed a couple more times and the rest of us prepared to pray. We all folded our arms and bowed our heads and then Matthew began to pray: “Old Macdonald…”

It was a full five minutes before we got the laughter under control enough to actually pray. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. We had to reassure Matthew that my eyes were watering because I was laughing so hard and not because he was in trouble. And it was a much needed laugh.

I sure hope the Lord has a sense of humor. If he doesn’t, my whole family is in a boatload of trouble. Of course, heaven is going to be pretty boring if all the awesomely funny people like Matthew aren’t there, so I’ve going to assume that being hilarious is not a bad quality.

No comments: