I
feel like my blog has been in a rut lately. It seems that I just don’t have
many brilliant things to say. And while the log of my family’s comings and
goings is important (especially when I print the blog books-my kids love to
look at all the pictures and read about the past year), I think I could also be
recording some things about me. So I’ve pulled out the journal jar strips and I’m
going to use those as blog topics. So when I have nothing much to report and
feel like writing I’ll pull out a topic and start pontificating. But I will
admit right off the bat that my first topic was blatantly stolen from my
sister, Rachael. She wrote about her guilty pleasures and it made me chuckle…and
think about what my own are. So without further ado, let me introduce my own
personal guilty pleasures. Enjoy. And feel free to mock me mercilessly if you
feel the need.
1.Buffy
the Vampire Slayer. I stumbled upon Buffy after I had graduated from college,
moved back home to take a job, and as of yet had no social life. I used to
watch and grade papers at the same time. The very first time Kev and I “hung
out” post high school and before we got engaged, he came to my house because I
told him Tuesday was Buffy night. I figured that if he couldn’t support my
habit, I didn’t want him anyway.
2.
Digital scrapbooking graphics. I have a bunch. I really don’t need any more.
But when I see a cute kit sometimes I just can’t help myself. I mean, they are just
so cute and color coordinated and high quality (as big as I could possibly need
with NO PIXELATION!) and I love to use them to pretty up cards, invites, my
blog books, labels, etc.
3.
Teen fiction that falls under the category “paranormal”…unless it’s smutty. Twilight
may not be profoundly life altering fiction, but it sure is fun. J
4.
Sharpies. Any color, any kind of tip, I love them all. There can never, ever be
too many Sharpies in the world.
5.
Post-it Notes. They call to me from the office supplies aisle with the voice of
a siren…
6.
A package of cookies hidden in the pantry so I can sneak one or two at a time
when I really want a little something sweet and don’t want to share with the
kiddies.
7. The
two hours between the time when the kids go to bed and when I go to bed. I
absolutely love being a mom, but I really covet those two hours when I can focus
on just being myself.
8. Ribbon.
I’ve always liked pretty things, but ever since Malia was born I just can’t
seem to get my hands on enough ribbon. There are so many colors and patterns
and widths and so many, many things that can be prettied up by a bow! Not to
mention all the cute hair clips I can create. And it goes on sale for $1 a
spool at Hobby Lobby pretty regularly so it is a pretty supportable addiction.
9. Long,
hot baths and an audio book. I know I should be helping Kev do the dishes and
get the kids in bed, not to mention the fact that my tub is so huge that when I
fill it up the boys must resign themselves to cold showers, but in spite of
those things I love it so much that I really can’t feel guilty.
10.
Iceberg Onion Rings. I know they are terrible for me in every possible way, but
they are sooooooo good!
Now, 'fess up. I can publicly admit I'm a Buffy fan. What are your guilty pleasures?
2 comments:
Oh my goodness...I am so going to copy this! What a great idea for a fun blog post! And I feel like I've been in a blog rut lately too. I didn't blog for a week and a half! That's the longest I've EVER gone! (hahaha. I know....mock me if you must.) We just took a trip to San Fran this past weekend so, yay...I have pics and stories to share. But then I'm totally stealing this idea. Hope that is okay!) :)
Ha! I totally googled blog post ideas and stole this one from a random stranger who's blog I stumbled across.
I like the journal in a jar blog post idea. I might have to steal that one...
Post a Comment