Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Made a Total Stranger Snort-Laugh

A couple of weeks ago I was grocery shopping with Matthew and Malia. We were looking for fresh ginger and when I found it the following conversation occurred:

Matthew: “What’s that?”
Me: “Fresh ginger.”
Matthew: “Is it good?”
Me: “If you eat it by itself you go bleeaah (I stuck my tongue out, make a super yucky face, you get the idea), but in stuff it’s good.”

A lady happened to pass by us just in time to hear this conversation and see the face that accompanied the “bleeaah.” I completely caught her off guard and she did the whole snort-laugh thing as she hurried by. It totally made my day that I made a complete stranger laugh simply by having a moment with my kid .

So when is the last time you made a stranger chuckle?

No comments: