There was a program of some sort: I hear there was a dance-off featuring leaders from all the different organizations, but we missed that portion while we were doing our tithing settlement and I find I'm not overly sorry about that. I have a really hard time watching people make fools of themselves. I get so embarrassed for them that I can hardly stand it. Anyway, after that portion we sang a few songs and welcomed Santa . . . who had a scheduling misunderstanding of some kind and ended up being much thinner and younger than usual (he couldn't stand up or his pseudo belly fat would have dropped down to his knees and his pants probably would have come off-not the kind of Santa that is usually welcomed at a family affair). Nathan got in line to talk to Santa right away, Daniel hung back for a bit (one of his friends said Brother R. was Santa and Daniel was checking in with me . . . I told him not to listen to everything his friends say, but the doubt is already there so he's more skeptical than in the past) and Matthew was just plain dubious about the whole thing. Apparently Nathan wants a remote control car (Santa has something else picked out for him that will hopefully be just as fun), Matthew wants toys (easy enough!), and Daniel's wish list is about five miles long (to be completely honest, I don't think Santa will be supplying a single thing on it since he was finished with his shopping about three weeks before the list came into existence, but Santa is pretty sure Daniel will like what will be coming).


(Notice Matthew's death grip on the marshmallows-one of the ladies on the activities committee lives across the street from us and knows about Matthew's stuff so when there were unopened bags of marshmallows left over, she offered it to him)
No comments:
Post a Comment