Second perk to the pumpkin patch? Ten pumpkins for $10. None of them are really huge, but it's still a much better price than you can get at the Walmart.

The third perk was the free hay ride we got. The man who owns the patch drove us around the farm. It's not huge like Wheeler Farm, but the boys were suitable impressed by the barns, fields, sheds, and the goose. And I love that it was free!
Perk number four came in the form of a little corn maze. It was tiny and there is no possible way an adult with any brains could ever get lost in it, but it was perfect for my little first timers. And it was free. (Sound byte of the evening-- Daniel: "I don't know where we are." Nathan: "We're in a corn maze, Daniel!")
The boys were pleased with the pumpkins we scored and are already planning how to decorate them. And we had so much fun we are definitely planning to go back next year!



4 comments:
Where is this fabulous pumpkin patch. Sounds like I could work it into my budget. I love reading your blog even if I don't comment often. Miss seeing you guys. :)
Jenni
You made me laugh today! Thank you! :)
10 pumpkins for 10 bucks!? Steal of a deal, man. Daniel's pumpkin placement is cracking me up.
Good bargain hunting! And it looks like everyone had the best time. I don't think we will venture into carving pumpkins this year, but Sophie knows what they are and says "punkin" everytime we see one at the store, on someone's stoop, driving on the road, etc. So, maybe next year I will let her have her own punkin.
Post a Comment